SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

2016 Reading Challenge | Update #1

Back in January we shared our brand new reading goals for the year ahead. Somehow we're already a third of the way through the year (!) so we thought it would be a great time to share a little update...

Anjali... 13/40 books read | 0/5 books vowed to read
Yikes. While I've read quite a few books already (Good Reads tells me I'm 2 books ahead of schedule), I haven't read any from my Vow to Read list yet. My favourite book so far this year has probably been The Bane Chronicles, probably just because he's one of my favourite characters in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter world. Another great book so far was Glass Sword, by Victoria Aveyard.
books 1

Cat... 3/5 books vowed to read
I have read three of my five vowed to read books, ‘In all the bright places’ Jennifer Niven, ‘In a Dark Dark Wood’ Ruth Ware and ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ Jenny Han, and absolutely loved them all! They were each completely different genres and I found them all to be absorbing reads. I definitely plan to read my final two vowed to read books soon.

Ria... 9/30 books read | 1/5 books vowed to read
According to Goodreads I'm actually on track, which feels weird as I thought I'd hit a slump. I have managed to tick of Remix of my yearly TBR list and have just started How To Be A Heroine, which I'm thoroughly enjoying so far. Let's hope the momentum can keep going for the rest of the year!

books 2
Erin... 1/5 books vowed to read
I picked up one of my five non-fiction 'vowed to read' books, The 100 Most Pointless Arguments In the World (Alexander Armstrong & Richard Osman), back in February as part of the #5books7days readathon - and managed to finish reading it before it got too chewed up by my rabbit Squidge! I've also made a start on two more of the titles, Forensics (Val McDermid) & What If? (Randall Munroe).

So that's how we're getting on with our 2016 reading challenges so far. We'll be checking in again throughout the year, so keep an eye out for updates!

Don't forget to leave us a comment and let us know how you've been getting on with your own reading goals and challenges for 2016!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.