SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Guest Review | Throne Of Glass | Sarah J. Maas


This book was so epic that even after having finished it seven days ago I am still thinking about it. Celaena is one of the most arrogant and badass female protagonists that I've ever read about and I LOVED her. Honestly she has gone straight up into my top 5 favourite literary characters, she was completely brilliant, well-developed and had depth about her which many female protagonists in YA fantasy do not have. I loved that she could easily hold her own against anyone who tried to mess with her, she didn't need anyone else to protect her, but I also appreciated that despite this Celaena wasn't afraid of being feminine and appreciating clothes and typically girly things. She was also a massive bookwork, so thats always going to be a winner in my book! 
The 'love triangle' is something that I have usually come to dread in YA books because they are just so badly done and you end up hating both of the males. I am very glad to say that in Throne of Glass I honestly love both Dorian AND Chaol and I don't want to choose who was my favourite. They were both completely different but also so similar as they are both loyal and good and know how to hold a sword, they are both also very willing to protect Celaena when they really shouldn't. Nehemia was also a wonderful addition to this story and it was nice to see Celaena have a friend after everything she has been through and some of their conversations are hilarious. Although Nehemia is still somewhat of a question mark I think that only adds to her charm but hopefully we will find out more about her in the next book.

The world building in this novel was fantastic, everywhere felt threatening and you could never be too sure who to trust. I'm pretty sure I hate the King almost as much as Umbridge (and that's saying something) and all in all this is one of my favourite books of this year and if you have not read it yet THEN DO IT!
5/5 STARS

Image via Goodreads
This post was written by guest reviewer Emma, who blogs over at Reviews With Emma

2 comments

  1. Ahh! This is on my to-read list, and I think after reading your review, it's been bumped up the list!
    Thanks, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It is such an incredible fantasy book and even better news is that the sequel, Crown Of Midnight is even better!!

      Delete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.