SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Me, Suzy P | Karen Saunders | Review



Me, Suzy P is a glimpse into the life of Suzy Puttock, fourteen years old and a disaster magnet. It is an entertaining and interesting book that will make readers laugh endlessly.


I have very little bad things to say about Me, Suzy P. It is fun and entertaining and Karen Saunders writes so perfectly about what it was like to be a teenager. It’s up and down, it’s embarrassing and fantastic. I felt thoroughly nostalgic while reading it, like Karen had taken all of my memories from the age of about 13 and spilled them out onto the page.


And although the plot of the book is typically teenage drama, don’t let that fool you into thinking that it’s a bit flaky and disappointing. The characters are inevitably teenagers doing what teenagers do – and part of that is the discovery of who you are as a person and who you want to be. Suzy also manages to get herself into some hilarious situations and I found myself cringing and laughing along all at once.


Suzy is an excellent narrator, and really embodies the word ‘teenage’.  Readers may find her annoying and self-focused at times, but what teenager isn’t? She comes through the other side and becomes very endearing. 


The story has been compared to the Georgia Nicholson series and is entirely in the same vein, and perfect for teenage readers. I wish I had this book in my hands when I was fourteen, even if just to know that I wasn’t alone in being a little bit strange. 

This post was written by regular reviewer Kath, get to know her hereImage from Goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.